All new belly dance classes starting September 12 at Bright Star World Dance, 108 High Street, Fl. 3, Portland, ME.
Save $10 only till September 5!
- Level 1: Intro to Belly Dance, Wednesdays 5:30 PM. Total beginners welcome!
- Level 2: Continuing Belly Dance, Mondays 7:00 PM.
- Level 3/4: Intermediate/Advanced Belly Dance, Wednesdays 7:00 PM.
Exercise/yoga wear and bare feet or soft-soled dance shoes recommended. Jingly hip scarves available to borrow!
- Lunchtime Shimmy Beginner Belly Dance Drop into Lunchtime Shimmy every Wednesday at noon! An upbeat, beginner-level belly dance class to shake the midweek stress, Lunchtime Shimmy will get your heart pumping and your smile glowing. Class are ongoing. Start any time!
- Belly Dance Drillz & Zillz Drop into this class every Sunday at 5:00 PM! This class will help you to perfect your technique and zill skills through concentrated drills and combos. Open to students with at least one past session of belly dance classes. This NEW class starts June 12. Start any time!
LOCATION: All classes take place at the beautiful and sunny Bright Star World Dance, 108 High Street, Floor 3, Portland, ME, above the Little Tap House restaurant.
- Sundays 9:30 AM
- Tuesdays 5:30 PM
Gain flexibility, balance, strength, and grace in this welcoming class for ages 14-104.
Ballet classes are ongoing. Class cards or drop-ins available. Start any time!
Ballet Basics for Adults is open to everyone, ages 14+. Total beginners are welcome!
Don't be bullied by the beat. Learn to navigate popular belly dance rhythms and movements without feeling overwhelmed.
For a limited time, get Rhythm & Pause as an exclusive 2-disc set--an instructional DVD and a unique rhythms CD by Jonatan Derbaq.
Learn to slow down and be in the moment while dancing with these unique DVDs.
NEW DVD! "A Dancer's Hands & Arms" now available! $22
Exciting, elegant party entertainment!
Book Rosa for your party and surprise your guests with enchanting family entertainment.
Based in Portland, ME, Rosa is available for birthday parties, weddings, bachelorette parties and baby showers in Southern Maine.
New to belly dance? Rosa will help you tailor the perfect show for your special event. She can also recommend henna artists and live musicians.
May 14-15 2016: Workshops with Rosa & Tava's Bi-Annual Belly Dance Show in Norwalk, CT Registration & details here!
March 2016: NEW instructional DVD released: A Dancer's Hands & Arms
March 2016: Festival instructor at Art of the Belly, Ocean City, MD
March 2016: Headlining instructor at River City Raqs, Jacksonville, FL
December 2015: Cairo, Egypt visit for training and visiting
September 2015: Featured instructor at the Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive
August 22, 2015: Rosa's students perform in "Shimmy by the Sea" in Kittery, ME. Tickets and info here.
September 10-13, 2011: Rosa is a featured instructor at the 2015 Las Vegas Belly Dance Intensive!
November 6-8, 2015: Rosa is a featured instructor and competition judge at the 2015 Pittsburgh Belly Dance Intensive! Visit the PBFC site for all of the details.
November 14-15, 2015: Amani Jabril of Atlanta comes to Portland, ME for a Reda-style workshop intensive! Details coming soon.
December 6-18, 2015: Rosa is returning to Cairo, Egypt to study.
March 17-20, 2016: Rosa is teaching at Art of the Belly festival in Ocean City, MD.
April 30-May 1, 2016: Annual workshop weekend in Portland, ME featuring an out-of-town instructor. Details coming soon!
June 3-5, 2016: Rosa is a featured instructor and competition judge at the 2nd annual River City Raqs festival in Jacksonville, FL! Visit the RCR website for early bird specials.