Sunday, October 30 - 11:00 AM-2:45 PM
"Detangle Your Feet" + "Heavy Beats, Heavy Hips"
Join Rosa for one or two special workshops in Portland, ME at her hometown studio!
These workshops are perfect for beginner and intermediate level belly dancers with at least one session of belly dance classes under their hip belts.
Get the early bird rates only till Wed 10/26!
Saturday, November 12, 11:00 AM-3:00 PM
Learn the secrets of stage-worthy make-up for belly dance.
Perfect for belly dancers, burlesque dancers, cabaret singers and other performers, as well as lovers of glitter who just wanna dress up.
Get the early bird rates only till Sun 10/30!
All new belly dance classes starting January 9, 2017 at Bright Star World Dance, 108 High Street, Fl. 3, Portland, ME.
Save $10 only till December 30!
- Level 1: Intro to Belly Dance, Wednesdays 5:30 PM. Total beginners welcome!
- Level 2: Continuing Belly Dance, Mondays 7:00 PM.
- Level 3/4: Intermediate/Advanced Belly Dance, Wednesdays 7:00 PM.
Exercise/yoga wear and bare feet or soft-soled dance shoes recommended. Jingly hip scarves available to borrow!
- Lunchtime Shimmy Beginner Belly Dance Drop into Lunchtime Shimmy every Wednesday at noon! An upbeat, beginner-level belly dance class to shake the midweek stress, Lunchtime Shimmy will get your heart pumping and your smile glowing. Class are ongoing. Start any time!
- Belly Dance Drillz & Zillz Drop into this class every Sunday at 5:00 PM! This class will help you to perfect your technique and zill skills through concentrated drills and combos. Open to students with at least one past session of belly dance classes. Learn more here. Start any time!
LOCATION: All classes take place at the beautiful and sunny Bright Star World Dance, 108 High Street, Floor 3, Portland, ME, above the Little Tap House restaurant.
- Sundays 9:30 AM
- Tuesdays 5:30 PM
Gain flexibility, balance, strength, and grace in this welcoming class for ages 14-104.
Ballet classes are ongoing. Class cards or drop-ins available. Start any time!
Ballet Basics for Adults is open to everyone, ages 14+. Total beginners are welcome!
Don't be bullied by the beat. Learn to navigate popular belly dance rhythms and movements without feeling overwhelmed.
For a limited time, get Rhythm & Pause as an exclusive 2-disc set--an instructional DVD and a unique rhythms CD by Jonatan Derbaq.
Learn to slow down and be in the moment while dancing with these unique DVDs.
NEW DVD! "A Dancer's Hands & Arms" now available! $22
Exciting, elegant party entertainment!
Book Rosa for your party and surprise your guests with enchanting family entertainment.
Based in Portland, ME, Rosa is available for birthday parties, weddings, bachelorette parties and baby showers in Southern Maine.
New to belly dance? Rosa will help you tailor the perfect show for your special event. She can also recommend henna artists and live musicians.